Heritage Fellowship Church is looking for a part-time Church Secretary who is passionate about Jesus and desires to provide administrative support for its leaders so they can equip others KNOW the Gospel, GROW in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ, and GO into the world to share the love of God and make disciples.
Why Choose Heritage Fellowship?
- You will be part of a Christ-Centered, loving fellowship of believers.
- You will be joining a church that holds fast to biblically sound doctrine.
- You will be part of a ministry that desires to equip others for the work of the ministry.
- You will grow. Heritage Fellowship will provide you with opportunities to use your gifts, gain ministry experience, and pursue continuous learning opportunities.
- You will be supported by the church family, the Lead Pastor, ministry staff and team of Elders.
As the Church Secretary, you’ll be:
- Working approximately 25 hours a week, Monday through Thursday, 9am to 4pm with an additional hour for Sunday mornings as needed.
- Responsible for facility scheduling, maintaining the church calendar and coordinating special events and facility repairs/maintenance as needed.
- Managing the church office by maintaining records, answering phone calls, responding to emails, handling incoming/outgoing mail, and ordering supplies.
- Managing event registrations, calendars and maintaining church database records.
- Responsible for facilitating Church Center publishing, including a weekly newsletter.
- Utilizing the YouVersion App to update weekly bible study plans, events and graphics.
- Participating in Staff meetings
- Performing other administrative tasks as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Do you have what it takes?
- Evidence of a saving, life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Excellent organizational, and administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, marked by good listening, caring responses, and gracious questions.
- Able to communicate effectively and coordinate the various ministries of the church.
- Able to deal with conflict and misunderstanding in a humble and biblical manner, discussing problems directly with the people involved and directing others to do the same.
- Able to take initiative to develop and improve administrative processes.
- Trustworthy and handles sensitive information (financial, personal, spiritual) with confidentiality.
Willing and able to learn new programs or skills as responsibilities change with the church’s needs.
- Has a servant’s heart and willing to help others joyfully.
If you are passionate about Jesus and desire to provide administrative support for a church so its leaders can equip others KNOW the Gospel, GROW in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ, and GO into the world to share the love of God and make disciples, then let’s talk.
Please email your resume with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to connect with you.